Push Notification allows an application to listen for messages being ‘pushed’ to it from the server. Through Push Notification, your application can communicate with your users even when the app is closed.
When can I use a Push Notification?
Any event that can generate a notification can also generate a push notification. You can have notifications sent to your app users when you want to announce an update, report news, invite to read a new post, ask for a review, any info related to your iPhone app your users will find valuable.
To enable push notifications in your app:
This info is for app owners that have their own account or are planning to submit the app under their own dev accounts.
1. Go to Push Notifications screen.
2. Follow instructions to Create an APN Certificate and upload it.
3. If you have created already a .MOBILEPROVISION file, create a new one (only follow steps 9 .. 15 from http://seattleclouds.com/provhelp.aspx)
4. If your application is already in AppStore, click Build Binaries and replace existing .MOBILEPROVISION with the new one. When binaries are ready, update them on itunesconnect.apple.com
5. When new binaries are approved, just go to Push Notifications screen, type your push message and hit Push button.